Fatdog64-800 Alpha was released 16 November 2018.
The Fatdog64 team is pleased to announce the debut of the next generation Fatdog64 GNU/Linux system.
The base of Fatdog64-800 is LFS 8.2 (Linux From Scratch) with CLFS 2017.17, and packages updated to the later or latest BLFS.
The alpha repository comprises over 1700 packages and many more will be added by the official full release.
Fatdog64 is a new major version line and does not upgrade from any of older versions. Save file/folders from older versions aren't compatible. Start a fresh save file/folder. A few older packages may still work, but in general they aren't supported and you should upgrade to the new package version. The same applies for SFS archives.
In spite of the Alpha label, the quality of this release is probably closer to Beta. The developers have been using this version in their daily work for several months before this release.
Please report all bugs to the forum support thread.
Changes from 721:
The following list of updates, new features and changes is only partial.
* Full system rebuild with major package updates.
* Linux Kernel 4.19.1
* gcc 7.3.0
* glibc 2.27
* eudev 3.2.5
* GTK+ 2.24.32 with Glib 2.58.1 with GTK+ 3.22.30 in the repo
* Qt 5.11.1 (partial) with Qt 4.8.7 in the repo
* ALSA 1.1.6
* libinput 1.12.2
* libgcrypt 1.8.2
* ffmpeg 4.0
* CUPS 2.1.3
* LibreOffice 188.8.131.52
* OpenSSL 1.1.0i
* Openbox 3.6.1
* LxQt Panel Qt5 0.12.0
* Seamonkey 2.49.4 with agent switcher
* Flash plugin 184.108.40.206 with 220.127.116.114 in the repo
* Bluez 5.50
* SMB Browser 2.0.0
* Wine 3.16 supporting 32-and 64-bit Windows applications
* Various system tools updates
* Hundreds of other package upgrades
* The full list of updates will be published in the official release announcement
* Numerous ROX-Filer enhancements (rox-filer-jun7)
* Click actions for many file types
* More accurate drive icons
* Several new Control Panel applets
* Haveged daemon
* The full list of new features will be published in the official release announcement
* Fotoxx back into the base system (Viewnior remains the default image viewer)
* AVIdemux into the base system
* TigerVNC viewer replaces TightVNC viewer
* Stronger system password encryption
* Improved connectivity with selected TP-Link and Netgear USB wireless adapters
* New package repository
* New SFS repository
* Some of the links in Seamonkey's home page still point to the 721 folders
* There is no GUI for bluetooth management yet. All the tools are there - you can pair, connect, disconnect, etc but it requires command line operations.
Fatdog64-800 Beta was released on 20 December 2018.
Compared to the alpha release, this release has the following changes:
* AMD microcode to latest (pulled on 2018-12-18 )
* Redshift and GUI to set location. (http://jonls.dk/redshift/)
* Wpa_gui updated with network activity icon and renamed Network tool.
* Support for rtl8821ce-based wireless network adapters
ScannerInternet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3
ADVANCED AUDIO CODING Uplevel BACK
ISO IMAGE Uplevel BACK
OGG VORBIS Uplevel BACK
VBR MP3 Uplevel BACK
Uploaded by allytonx on